Terms of Reference: Welder/Mechanic– The HALO Trust Somaliland
The Mechanic/Welder is responsible for repairing all mechanical and electrical defects identified on HALO vehicles, generators and others tasks as directed by the Workshop Manager or Senior Mechanic.
Reports to: Senior Mechanic, with technical guidance from the workshop manager from Hargeisa.
Is Line Manager for: None
Internally, he works in close cooperation with: Senior mechanic.
Externally, he deals with: None
- The Mechanic/Welder repairs all mechanical and electrical defects to HALO vehicles and generators as directed by the Workshop manager or senior mechanic.
- The Mechanic/Welder will be tasked with field recovery or repair tasks. These may be at remote Demining Sites or on routes between locations.
- The Mechanic undertakes the appropriate services on the vehicles, according to the vehicle service schedule.
- Require ability to weld aluminum, stainless steel and perform welds in all positions – flat, horizontal, vertical up and down.
- Capable to weld vehicles, Windows, doors, security gate barrier, case buckets and demining equipment’s.
- Always follow specifications and instructions for maximum efficiency
- The Welder must clean and tidy the workshop, put away tools and carry out any other tasks necessary for the efficiency operation of the workshop.
- Mechanic/Welder is responsible and accountable for any vehicle he is working on. Tools & spare parts will be issued to him for completion of any job that he may be assigned to.
- Maintain equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety
- Report damages on machines and equipment’s
- Test and inspect welded surfaces and structure to discover flaws
- The Mechanic/Welder is to undertake other duties as requested by the senior management staff.
Skills and Qualifications
- CV (stating your experience)
- A minimum of 2 years of experience as welder using a variety of welding equipment, machinery and procedures
- Good knowledge of and adherence with safety standards
- Attention to detail
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills.
How to apply
- The HALO Trust is an equal opportunities employer, and will not discriminate against any candidate on the basis of age, sex, ethnicity, religion, or any other characteristic. All recruitment are conducted in a transparent manner, with selection made solely based on ability. Women candidate are highly encouraged to apply.
- Submit a CV and cover letter in soft copy email@example.com
- B. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
- Deadline: 29/01/2023