TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR DRIVER POSITION – (LOCAL)
(PROJECT: ROAD INFRASTRUCTURE PROGRAMME SOMALIA)
- Project Background
The Federal Government of Somalia (hereinafter called Grant Recipient) has applied for financing from the African Development Bank (AfDB) and the European Union toward the cost of the Road Infrastructure Programme Somalia, and intends to apply a portion of the proceeds of the grant to eligible payments under the contract for the consultancy services for the Technical Assistant (TA) to the Ministry of Public Works, Reconstruction and Housing (MPWR&H) in Somalia.
Road Infrastructure Programme Somalia has the strategic objectives to improve: (i) the management of the road sector at the national level through technical assistance and capacity building, and (ii) transport connectivity for road users through road rehabilitation and construction works.
The roads identified for intervention (in the Federal Member States of Galmudug, Hirshabelle, Jubaland and Puntland) are: (i) 82km (BeledWeyne-Kalabeyr 22km; and Dhusamareb-Qaradhi 60km) of the existing 327km, 7.3m wide BeledWeyne-Galkayo paved road, (ii) 85 km (Galkayo-Faratoyo) of the existing 240km, 7.3m wide Galkayo-Garowe paved road, (iii) existing 80km, 7.3m wide Luuq, Ganane-Dolow earth road, and (iv) 100 km, 7.3m wide Galkayo-Elgula (part of 241km Galkayo-Hobyo feeder road).
The Ministry of Public Works and Reconstruction of the Hirshabelle State, therefore, is seeking to recruit an experienced Driver of Works who will drive a Ministry’s vehicles for road supervision and assessments
- Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive office vehicles for official purposes
- Meet official personnel at the airport and facilitate immigration and customs formalities
- Collect and deliver mail, pouch, documents and other items
- Responsibilities for the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle, check oil, water, battery brakes, tires, etc. perform minor repairs and arrange for other repairs, and ensure that the vehicle is kept clean,
- Keep records of use of the vehicle, daily mileage, gas consumption. oil changes, greasing another service
- Ensure that the steps required by rules and regulation are taken in case of involvement in accident
- Perform miscellaneous office support functions such as messenger service and making photocopies
- Provide logistical support with project workshops, seminars or trainings when required
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor and director
- Required qualifications
- Responsible for day-to-day operation cleanliness and maintenance of the assigned vehicle checks oil, fuel water battery brakes tyres etc and perform minor repairs
- Maintain a daily log of all journeys made recording mileage, date passengers odometer readings fuel consumption m
- Safeguard vehicle security door locks security locks
Skills and Qualifications
- Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Completion of Secondary Education
- Can read and write
- Valid driver’s license.
- At least 7 years of work experience as a driver with a safe driving record.
- Knowledge of driving rules and regulations, chauffeur protocol and courtesies, and local roads and conditions, and defensive driving skills
- Skill in minor vehicle repairs
- Duration of Assignment
The input of the Driver will be 40 person-months. An initial Contract will be issued for a period of one (1) year, with a probation period of six (6) months and may be extended for a period of one (1) year and renewable annually subject to satisfactory performance, budget availability and operational needs.
How to apply
- Interested candidates who meet the above criteria are encouraged to send their application letters and detailed CV to:firstname.lastname@example.org, Closing date by 14th January, 2022 @12:00pm. Kindly indicate “Driver of Works – MPWR Hirshabelle State Somalia” on the subject line when applying.
- Qualified Female candidate is highly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.