SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organization to which all SOS Children’s Villages including SOS Children’s Villages Somalia Association is affiliated. SOS Children’s Villages Somalia has officially been working in Somalia since 1985. SOS is currently working in 134 countries worldwide. We are committed to the welfare of children – often throughout the whole of their childhood, and to strengthening families and communities as a preventive measure in the fight against abandonment and social neglect. We also run education and health facilities. With the SOS Children’s Village concept, the organization pioneered a family approach to the long-term care of orphaned and abandoned children. SOS Children’s Villages upholds child protection policy and our selection processes reflect our commitment to the protection of children and youth from abuse. SOS Children’s Villages Somalia current works in three regions; Banadir Regions (Heliwa, Wadajir, Dharkenley and Dayninle districts) southwest-state (Baidoa and Hudur) Hirshabelle State (Jowhar & Balcad).
SOS Children’s Villages invites applications from suitably qualified and interested candidates who fulfill the eligibility criterion for the below position.
Job Title: Temporary Doctor (1 Position)
The Doctor in Charge oversees all activities within the SOS Baidoa district Hospital in order to achieve the highest level of medical care possible for Covid 19 cases. The incumbent supervises co-ordinates and oversees the daily work of other medical staff. In addition, s/he maintains a close involvement with patient health-care, and personally attends to more complex cases referred by the nurse.
Direct Supervisor: Medical Director
Key Area of responsibility:
- Works in close liaison with the Area Manager in providing information and reports as required.
- Ensures the Centre operates in accordance with the COVID-19 policies and procedures agreed with the SOS children’s villages Somalia and MoH.
- Acts as the in charge of the isolation and treatment Centre and oversees all activities including medical treatment and medical administration.
- Assigns duties and co-ordinates nursing services. Evaluates nursing activities to ensure a high standard of he admitted patient care and efficiency of service.
- Ensures the proper maintenance of the Centre’s medical section. Inspects to ensure cleanliness and comfort is maintained at all times.
- Ensure patients are cared for in a safe & secure environment
- Provides information and medical update
- Holds regular meetings with the Area Manager to brief him on the progress on a daily/weekly basis
- Holds meetings with the medical staff to discuss current activities, problems, concerns, and new ideas, in order to ensure open communication and co-operation.
- Conduct all elective and emergency surgical cases in theatre, both surgical and obstetric/gynaecological.
- Manage common and emergency surgical, obstetric/ gynaecological, paediatric and tropical medical conditions and make quick decisions on critical cases for referral. And also, carry out daily ward rounds to review patient progress and careKeeps the medical staff informed regarding health care issues on Covid 19, particularly those issues COVID-19 and hygiene.
- Ensure that care provided is documented accordingly: history, p/e, diagnosis & management, review
- Provides staff and community with health care and education on Covid19 messages & ensures the good health of the admitted cases for Covid19.
- Organizes training courses and seminars to promote Covid19 awareness amongst staff and community members.
- Ensures the provision of preventive and curative health care services to all the visitors and the community
- Undertakes visits to the local community, as required, in order to assist community members with COVID-19-related matters.
- Train staff on standard case management as per treatment guidelines on COVID-19
- Ensure health education is given to all the patients
- Efficient patient care
- Periodically evaluate admitted patients
- The employee will be expected to offer and cover all the curative services at the hospital
- He/She will also perform duties in occasional emergencies and unforeseen circumstances at the request of the appropriate person
- Ensures efficient management of the Clinic
- Oversees the orders for drugs, solutions and equipment for the Centre.
- Ensures that accurate records of all drugs / medicine in stock are maintained. Records all receipts and disbursements.
- Directs the preparation and maintenance of patient’s clinical records.
- In close consultation with the rest of the team members Samples are collected, correctly banked and sent to Mogadishu for further Lab tests.
- Implement standard case management guidelines in patient care for Covid19
- To participate in the regular departmental meetings
- Promotes Good Relationships with External Bodies
- Develops good relationships with external bodies who may provide financial, material
Any other duties that may be assigned by the immediate supervisor from time to time.
Qualification & Experience
- The desirable candidate must have Bachelor’s degree in medicine with two to three years’ experience in managing similar project.
- Experience in providing BEMONC, CEMONC, Child health, communicable diseases and none communicable diseases in a busy hospital or referral health center.
- Demonstrated competency in staff capacity building.
- Ability to ensure quality health & nutrition services by implementing relevant guidelines and protocols.
- Good knowledge on IPC (Infection prevention and control)
- Knowledge on Covid19 standard case management and Triage procedure
- Trainings on Covid19 for prevention and control are value added
Competencies – knowledge, skills, abilities
- Ability to manage and work with teams
- Proficiency in computer (Ms Word, internet, office, excel, power point)
- People skills such as problem solving & handling conflict
- Report writing skills
Child Safeguarding Policy: SOS Children’s Villages organization is committed to safeguarding the rights of the children and therefore, is expected that every individual who joins SOS Children’s Villages Somalia understands his/her responsibility in protecting and keeping children always safe.
Interested applicants should send their applications with a CV and scanned copies of your academic and professional certificates indicating telephone numbers and three referees to: this email firstname.lastname@example.org
Indicating with subject line of the position.
Closing date is 31st May, 2021
Competent Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.