Title : Project Officer (FSL)
Sector : Program
Location : Burhakaba
Announcing Date : 3rd November 2022
Closing date : 9h November 2022
Rural education and Agriculture development organization (READO) is a local humanitarian organization based in SCZ-Somalia; it was established in 2008, to engage against the impact of poverty reduction promotion of sustainable livelihoods and Sustainable Human Development (SHD). The mandate includes: poverty eradication, employment and sustainable livelihoods, in Somalia, READO has put in place livelihoods support mechanisms to urban internal displacement people (IDPs), Host communities “vocational Skill Training”. In both remote rural areas and urban.
READO is working to promote peace promotional program, Economic and motivating the agro-pastoralists in their field to result good production which can eliminate the poverty and hunger, to reduce drop outs (for both boys and girls) and to improve learning outcomes for all. READO is implementing livelihood project in Baidoa District, and seeking dedicated agronomist capable of contributing the achievement of livelihood project and to improving equitable access Education on life skill training. The project purpose is to provide Agricultural input distribution. To improving quality of education and to ensuring sustainability of the project,
Food Security & Livelihood (FSL) Project Officer .
Purpose of the Position:
IRC/READO will provide life-saving health and nutrition services in line with the Somalia essential package of health services guidelines through Mobile Health and Nutrition Teams and Primary Healthcare (PHC)
facilities reaching 11.800 beneficiaries. This includes the provision of outpatient communicable diseases
consultations, screenings of children and pregnant and lactating women for acute malnutrition, provision of
therapeutic feeding to children under 5 years with severe acute malnutrition (SAM) without complications
and referrals of their caretakers to the MPCA program (235 HHs), provision of therapeutic supplementary
feeding for moderate acute malnutrition (MAM), and counsel Maternal Infant and Young Child feeding
practices as well as basic reproductive health services. IRC and READO will collaborate with the health and
nutrition cluster and refer Pregnant and Lactating Women (PLW) with malnutrition to Save the Children for
Duties and Responsibilities
The Project Officer will be tasked to carry out the following duties and responsibilities effectively
- Ensure implementation of project activities in line with the organizational project plans and objectives and supervise the day-to-day activities of the project both Food security, Health and nutrition
- Closely Work with local authority and community leaders on the proper implementation of the project Implementation activities.
- Conduct baseline needs assessment and identify vulnerable target beneficiaries based on facts in the field.
- Be involved in community mobilisation and awareness of the project goals and objectives and ensure the smooth running of activities.
- In consultation with Food security, Health and nutrition Project Manager and executive Director, draw up work plans and ensure distributions of FSL assistance to target beneficiary groups
- Facilitate adoption of livelihood Resilience innovations such as sustainable rain fed dry land farming, improved irrigated farming, micro-economic initiatives, Environmental Conservation, sustainable Income Generation alternatives, Bee keeping and livestock Management
- Develop and oversee the logistical and transportation needs of FSL activities and ensure timely delivery of assistance to the beneficiaries
- Conduct monitoring and evaluation of the implemented FSL activities and provide updated progress reports regularly to the Project Manager and Head of Programs
- Work closely with targeted communities and resolve any conflicts that may arise during the implementation of the project activities
- Perform any other duties related to the project as required by the FSL Project Manager and the Head of Programs.
Skills and Qualifications
- At least 3 years of experience, having worked in a similar position preferably in an INGO
- A Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Economics, Development Studies, Animal Science or relevant disciplines is required. A technical diploma in relevant discipline with eight years of experience and proven capacity can be acceptable.
- Good command of both spoken and written English (preferably business communication style)
- Strong report writing skills
- Computer literate, office suite (Word, Excel, Power point)
- Effective presentation techniques
- Demonstrated leadership and teamwork skills
- Excellent Interpersonal skills and collaborative management style
- Good familiarity with Area of Intervention and respect for cultural and ethical norms of the local populations and targeted communities
- Flexibility and tolerance for working in hard conditions and volatile situations as of a country like Somalia plagued by repeated armed hostilities and recurrent cyclical drought
- Local candidates are encouraged to apply.
Core Organizational Values
- Transparency and Accountability
How to apply
Send Application letter, including your Personal Data with 3 referees to E-mail: email@example.com
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Submission Deadline: 9th November 2022
- Address burhakaba