Direct hierarchy: SNR.FINANCE OFFICER
Starting date: December 2022
- Background on ACTED
ACTED is a French humanitarian NGO, founded in 1993, which supports vulnerable populations, affected by humanitarian crises worldwide. ACTED provides continued support to vulnerable communities by ensuring the sustainability of post-crisis interventions and engaging long-term challenges facing our target populations, in order to break the poverty cycle, foster development and reduce vulnerability to disasters. Their interventions seek to cover the multiple aspects of humanitarian and development crises through a multidisciplinary approach which is both global and local, and adapted to each context. Their 3,300 staff is committed in to responding to emergencies worldwide, to supporting recovery and rehabilitation, towards sustainable development.
ACTED is looking for professionally confident, self-motivated, experienced and committed team player to fill the CASHIER position based in Hargeisa.
- Position Profile
- Cashier will be Responsible for advance/loan follow up and procedure compliance at Area Level.
- Responsible for Excel Book entries according to ACTED Standard entry grid
- Responsible for cross check of allocation as per purchase order signed by Fin/Admin Officer finance officer and Coordination before payment is processed
- Responsible for link with Logistics on supplier’s relation (payment oriented)
- Responsible for 1St check of Area and Base office vouchers (monthly basis)
- Responsible for follow up, filing and labelling of voucher on monthly basis. Responsible for scanning the finance vouchers and labelling as per ACTED standards
- Printing time sheets and facilitating signatures of the staff and their line manager
- To make sure that all time sheets are fully signed every month
- Filling time sheets for future use.
The main objectives of this position is:
- Proper management of Hargeisa office petty cash
- Monthly finance vouchers scanning and archiving
- Recording finance transactions into the cashbook
- Payments processing
- Time sheets printing, getting signatures and archiving
III. Duties and Responsibilities
- Petty cash management
- making sure that enough cash is available for payment
- make cash replenishment on time
- Make weekly and monthly cash counts
- Cashbook handling
- Record all transactions into the cashbook daily
- Submit cashbook with no errors on weekly basis
- Payment processing
- Review documents before payment processing
- Seek senior finance officer and coordination approval before payment
- Make sure vouchers are fully approved before payment
- Vouchers scan and archiving
- Do finance vouchers scan on monthly basis
- Submit scanned vouchers to senior finance officer for review
- Putting scanned vouchers to the server on monthly basis
Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent skills in Microsoft excel, word and outlook
- Sound understanding/experience in financial processing and management
- Excellent interpersonal skill and demonstrated to establish effective work relations at all levels
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work with limited supervision.
- Ability to work independently.
- High level of integrity and honestly.
- Bachelor degree in accounting, Finance, business administration or related field
- A minimum two years’ relevant experience, preferably in a similar position in international NGOs
How to apply
Qualified Nationals with the required skills are invited to submit their applications accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter as a single document i.e. with the cover letter being on the first page and the CV starting on the second page, detailing three work related referees and contacts to email@example.com and received on or before 5.00PM on 03 December 2022 with the subject line “CASHEIR – HARGEISA”
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Please do not attach any other documents while sending your applications, if required they will be requested at a later stage.
Please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ACTED will at no stage of recruitment process request candidate to make payments of any kind. Further, ACTED has not retained any agent in connection with recruitments.
ACTED is committed to protecting beneficiaries within our programmes from exploitation and abuse and any kind of misconduct. ACTED has specific policies, including PSEA and Child Protection, which outlines the expected behavior and the responsibility of all staff, beneficiaries, consultants and other stakeholders and has zero tolerance towards misconducts. Any candidate offered a job with ACTED will be expected to sign ACTED’s organizational Policies and Code of Conduct as an annex to their contract of employment and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these documents.
ACTED is an Equal Opportunity Employer.